Caring for a shoulder injury or condition is complex. You need a team of experienced orthopaedic shoulder surgeons who are skilled in the most advanced treatment options.
The orthopaedic shoulder surgeons at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital are leaders in shoulder care. Our shoulder specialists:
- Have expertise in cutting edge, emerging techniques for treating shoulder disorders, including arthroscopic rotator cuff repair and reverse shoulder arthroplasty
- Perform the largest number of reverse shoulder replacements in the Washington area
- Specialize in minimally invasive surgical techniques that use small incisions to treat your injury with higher precision, less pain, and a faster recovery time than traditional surgery
- Train surgeons across the United States on how to perform the latest surgical techniques
- Advance and develop new shoulder surgery techniques through research
- Offer a sophisticated rehabilitation program designed to give you the best possible outcome
Dr. Brent Wiesel is the chief of the shoulder service and his practice focuses exclusively on shoulder and elbow surgery. He completed his residency at the University of Pennsylvania and an additional year of training in shoulder and elbow surgery at the Rothman Institute in Philadelphia. Dr. Wiesel’s areas of expertise include arthroscopic rotator cuff repair, standard and reverse shoulder replacement, and the treatment of shoulder dislocation and fractures. Our sports medicine surgeons are also experts in shoulder care, focusing on the treatment of rotator cuff disorders and shoulder dislocations.
We treat a wide variety of shoulder disorders—from injuries to degenerative diseases. Learn more about our shoulder surgeries.
No matter how complex your condition, you can feel confident that our team has the skills and experience to find a solution that will help you.
Shoulder injuries we treat include:
- Rotator Cuff Disease
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Shoulder Dislocations
- Shoulder Fractures
- Shoulder Instability
Advanced shoulder treatment options we offer include:
- Arthroscopic Bankart repair
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Open Bankart repair
- Coracoid transfer for shoulder instability
- Fixation of proximal humerus fractures
- Reverse total shoulder replacement
- Total shoulder replacement
Doctors in this Practice:
To view all Orthopaedic Surgery physicians, please click here.