Dr. Waddah Al-Refaie answers commonly asked questions about soft tissue sarcoma, including the types of sarcomas and the factors that put you at risk.
View the video through YouTube and click 'show more' for an interactive way to easily see the questions and answers that interest you.
For more information about your soft tissue sarcoma experience at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, call MedStar Georgetown M.D. at 202-342-2400 or visit medstargeorgetown.org/surgicaloncology.
1. Introduction (00:00)
2. Why MedStar Georgetown for surgical oncology? (2:18)
3. What are soft tissue sarcomas? (3:13)
4. What are the types of sarcomas? (4:04)
5. How often do people get soft tissue sarcoma? (4:45)
6. How is soft tissue sarcoma diagnosed? (5:00)
7. How is my sarcoma stage determined? (5:51)
8. What are the treatment options for soft tissue sarcoma? (6:45)
9. Do I always need chemotherapy for soft tissue sarcoma? (7:56)
10. Do I need to receive radiation therapy for my sarcoma? If so, when? (8:34)
11. What do MGUH and Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center offer for my soft tissue sarcoma? (10:08)
12. What changes in my lifestyle should I expect after sarcoma surgery? (11:01)
13. Will my soft tissue sarcoma reoccur? If so, what factors put me at risk for reoccurrence? (11:48)
14. Why go to a surgical oncologist for treatment of soft tissue sarcoma? (13:14)