Dr. Gholam Motamedi answers commonly asked questions about seizures and epilepsy, including the surgical treatments for epilepsy.
View the video through YouTube and click 'show more' for an interactive way to easily see the questions and answers that interest you.
For more information about your epilepsy experience at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, call MedStar Georgetown M.D. at 202-342-2400 or visit medstargeorgetown.org/epilepsy.
1. What is the difference between seizure and epilepsy? (0:00)
2. What is a seizure and what do they look like? (0:21)
3. What are the medical treatments for epilepsy? (1:08)
4. What are the surgical treatments for epilepsy? (1:38)
5. What can I expect as a patient coming to MGUH for epilepsy? (2:25)
6. How has epilepsy treatment improved in recent years? (3:52)