Dr. Bruce Davidson answers commonly asked questions about head and neck surgery, including the risk factors of oral cancer and surgical advances.
View the video through YouTube and click 'show more' for an interactive way to easily see the questions and answers that interest you.
For more information about your head and neck surgery experience at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, call MedStar Georgetown M.D. at 202-342-2400 or visit medstargeorgetown.org/otolaryngology.
1. Introduction (00:00)
2. Why should I come to MedStar Georgetown University Hospital for the treatment of my head and neck cancer? (1:24)
3. How does the da Vinci Surgical System help with surgery for throat cancer and other cancers of the head and neck? (1:54)
4. What is head and neck cancer? (2:36)
5. What are the risk factors for head and neck cancer? (2:55)
6. How are head and neck cancers discovered? (3:26)
7. Who makes the diagnosis of head and neck cancers? (3:51)
8. Are head and neck cancers on the rise? (4:13)
9. How does HPV cause cancer? (4:59)
10. Should everyone be vaccinated for HPV? (5:25)
11. Are there different types of head and neck cancers? (5:53)
12. What are the treatment options for cancer of the mouth and throat? (6:15)
13. When is surgery best and when is radiation best for oral tumors? (7:02)
14. How are you using CyberKnife radiation to treat throat cancers? (7:28)
15. Do the treatments for head and neck cancers cause deformities? (8:05)